Updated: 1 Dec 2018
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality and security of the information we hold by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of HKSAR. We take all necessary procedures to ensure that your information is treated securely, only authorized persons can access.
From whom shall we collect information?
- directly from you
- from records of how you use our services
- from public available sources of information
- from third parties such as business partners or other customers with appropriate consent from you
What information shall we collect?
Depending on the type of services you apply, and to the extent permitted by law, we may collect the following information from you or about you when you establish a business relationship with us on behalf of yourself or another individual or entity:
- Your full name and company name
- Contact details, including name, telephone number, email address, correspondence address and billing address
- Proof of business registration
- Service installation address, correspondence address, and/or billing address
Information gathered through electronic protocols
Our website(s), software package(s) and/or mobile application(s) may record your identifier for system administration and security purpose. Such information may include, without limitation, your IP address, host name, mac address, mobile device identifier and/or other unique identifier.
Cookies (or similar technologies) may be placed to your device(s) when you access to our website(s) or otherwise access our online content. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, relevant login and authentication details as well as information relating to your activities and preferences across our website(s) and/or online content.
Non-personally identifiable information collected
In order to improve and customize our services in favor of our users, we use a variety of technologies to collect information that helps us measures the performance of our website(s), software package(s) and/or mobile application(s).
We may collect certain information during a product download, installation, maintenance or update. Such information may include, without limitation, platform information, OS information, software version, product/ feature usage, product logs, and error report. The information will be transmitted to and stored on our server, and/or by our service provider(s) on its servers. We do not collect any information which personally identifies you. The collection of this non-personally identifiable information will cease once your use of services has ceased. The information collected may be used and retained as long as it is necessary for the purposes described herein.
Recording of telephone conversation and remote assistance technical support
In carrying out our obligations we may, at our discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of our response and training, record part or all of the calls between you and Solteam.
Receiving remote assistance technical support from Solteam
Under certain circumstances, we may use remote support sessions to troubleshoot and diagnose reported issue upon your consent. During the support session, our support technician(s) in another location may access and work on your device(s) through a secured connection. The communications of remote access session may be recorded and the device(s) screen may be captured and/or made a copy (whether digital or otherwise) for record, quality and/or training purposes.
If you do not choose to accept the arrangement of recording and screenshots capturing, please request us to provide other support options.
How we use the information we collect
The information collected may be used for the following purposes:
- verify your identity
- process your application to subscribe to products and services
- renewing your service
- keep you informed about our products and/or services
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud
- processing of any payment instructions or credit facilities in relation to supply of services to you
- perform research or analysis in order to improve the performance of our services
- for survey, marketing, promotional, behavioral scoring and/or business planning purposes
- generate statistics for market and product analysis which may be shared with external companies (the results will be reported in aggregate form only, and cannot be identified individually)
- for the use of any of our subsidiaries, associate companies, business associates, affiliates, resellers and/or agents in connection with any of the above purposes and/or services such companies may be offering to you from time to time
The information collected will not be disclosed or transferred to any other party but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the information was collected, provide such information to the following parties (within or outside HKSAR):
- Any individual or entity who is acting for or on behalf of us or jointly with us for administrative or other purposes deemed necessary in order to maintain or improve our services
- Government and other organizations as required or authorized by law
Retention of the information
The information collected may be used and retained as long as it is necessary for the purposes described herein.
Access and correction of the information
Certain information we retain, may be used to provide you, through various communication channels, such as e-mail, telephone and direct mail, with information for direct marketing purposes.
You may opt-out from receiving irrelevant promotion information with purchased services, please write to us by quoting your name, company name, contact number and address and mark "OPT-OUT for direct marketing".
Data Protection Officer
Units 2803-2807, 28/F,
No.77 Wing Hong Street,
Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon,
Tel: (852) 2388-1326
Fax: (852) 2388-8126
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of HKSAR, you have the right to:
- ascertain from us whether we hold your personal information
- access to your personal information held by us within a reasonable time, in a reasonable manner
- request the correction of any of your personal data, if any held by us
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, we reserve the right to charge reasonable charge for access to personal data processing.